12/30/13

shorts in the winter


I was down in Richmond for the weekend and was faced with alarmingly warm weather.  It was almost jarring, but I welcomed it nonetheless.  The shorts I had absentmindedly packed proved to be surprisingly useful as I was prepared to wear skinnies with this outfit.

For those who are quite like me and refuse to part ways with their denim cutoffs in the winter, look no further.  There are ways to incorporate shorts into your wintery repertoire by layering them over black tights or thick textured socks.  Layer, layer, and continue to layer by adding a chunky wool knit, and you will eventually welcome that cool breeze hitting your legs.  

It is apparent that my infatuation for these boots continue.  The key to pulling off a thigh high boot is ultimately proportion.  Wearing over the knee boots can sometimes overly elongate your look, and adding a loosely fitting blazer or an oversized sweater can create a streamlined balance.

I am wearing an H&M sweater (similar), vintage Levi's 501 high-waisted shorts (similar), Vanessa Mooney body chain, Nordstrom felt hat, DSW boots (similar), MAC lipstick in Diva

XO, In

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...